Guidelines for preparing Dashboards
- What is the message you want to convey.
- The intended message will determine your data selection.
- Select your chart type basis your intended message.
- Comparing Values
- Trend over time
- Relationship between values
- Distribution of data
- Part of a whole
- Do not add irrelevant elements.
- Use the same colour scheme throughout. ( If Profit is represented in Dark Green. Then use the same Green across all charts in the dashboard to represent Profit)
Here I shall be sharing various components of a Dashboard from an HR perspective. They will include headcount report, Gender Diversity, Attrition, Performance, Salary Costs etc.
List of Dashboards
1.Joinee & Resignee Across Years
2. Attrition % Across Years (Line Chart)
3. Dashboard Series 3 – Attrition % in a Bullet Chart
4.Dashboard Series 4 – Dynamic Employee Count.
5.Dashboard Series 5 – Waterfall Chart – Employee Head Count.
6.Dashboard Series 6 – Employee Tenure in a Sorted Bar Chart
7.Dashboard Series 7 – Attrition % with a Scroll Bar
8.Dashboard Series 8 – Chart within Chart
9.Dashboard Series 9 – Product Rating Chart (Five Star Rating)
10.Dashboard Series 10 – Population Chart ( Age Distribution and Gender Count)
11.Dashboard Series 11 – Department Based Joinee Resignee
12.Dashboard Series 12 – Infographics using Male Female Icons
13.Dashboard Series 13 – Butterfly / Tornado Chart – Department Joiners / Resignee